My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Monday, July 29, 2013

Family History

Monday Morning, July 29th

I did not know about the internment centers.
Grandpa Joe's mom and dad met when they were teenagers during World War II.
They had to move to Idaho until the war was over because they were Japanese.
It sounds kind of like going to camp.
But they had to stay there for four years.
I have to think about this, because I don't understand.
-- Colin
---------

Grandma Michiko is not Japanese.
I knew that. She has blonde hair.
Her dad was a guard at the Minidoka Relocation Center.
He made friends with Grandpa Joe's parents.
When he got married, his wife admired princess Michiko.
So they named grandma after her.
I have things to think about, too.
-- Sally
-------

No comments:

Post a Comment