My imaginary friends.

Colin and Sally are my imaginary friends, telling us about their daily lives in the real world.

Age? I think they said they are in the 5th grade, but it might be the 4th or 6th. They are twins.

Because of new bureaucratic red tape from the US government, Google can't let me make accounts for them. So they'll be posting from my account.

Start here.

Friday, July 12, 2013

Jumping into the pool with our clothes on!

July 12th, Friday

Today was a surprise!
Well, they told us before, so it was not a total surprise.
We practiced swimming in our clothes.
It's for emergencies.
We practiced inflating our school uniforms for floating.
It didn't work very well.
-- Sally
---------

Street clothes are heavy when they are wet.
They drag you down.
And it's hard to move in them, too.
So we couldn't swim a lot.
I wanted to swim more.
-- Colin

---------
[Grammar and vocabulary notes -- 文法及び単語の解釈

  • total surprise == 完全なびっくり、すごい驚き
  • in our clothes == 服を着たまま
  • for emergencies == 緊急や非常・いざという時に備えて
  • inflate == (空気を)吹き込む
  • work == 働く、行う、機能する
  • work well == 巧く行く
  • drag == 引っ張る、引きずる
(added 2013.09.25)]

No comments:

Post a Comment